Pendeford Hall Farm
Pendeford Hall Lane
Tel: 01902 784866
Contact: Robin Winwood
Turfworld Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. Therefore, the information that we will need will differ due to the service you have requested.
This Privacy Notice applies to your use of our website/ telephone/ email and onsite visit to Turfworld Ltd
What type of information we have?
The information that we need
Name of contact
Name of the homeowner
Full Address – Delivery and Invoicing purposes
Telephone number / Mobile number
Preferred payment method
Payment information – card details and billing address
Newsletter – option to sign up to TW Aggregates/Turfworld newsletters
Technical information – including IP address, browser type, operating system
How we get the information and why we have it
The information is collated using a form you completed on the website when registering for an account or during the checkout process. Your billing address when using the online checkout process will require payment card details provided to us by SagePay. https://www.opayo.co.uk/policies/security-policy
Your profile information from the website also applies when you are registering for an account with us, and your preference and interests are collated if you subscribe to our Newsletters.
The technical information including IP address, browser type and operating system is collated by third party cookies using Google Analytics – https://policies.google.com/privacy
The information that we have vary from members of the public that own their home to local councils and major property developers. Regardless Turfworld Ltd has a process in place to deliver a reliable and professional service.
Lawful Basis Tool – Turfworld Ltd
- Contract basis – to fulfil the contract you have entered into with us or under a legitimate interest basis when you have chosen to register using our online form. In order to store your information in your account area will be in preparation of future orders.
- Contract basis – to fulfil the delivery of our products to the given person at the given address.
- Contract basis – to allow for payment to be taken to fulfil your order. Card details will not be stored on the website but will be stored in our SagePay gateway in an encrypted file. https://www.opayo.co.uk/policies/security-policy
- Contract basis – to allow us to have access to your information in the case of a problem with your order and we need to contact you.
- Legitimate interest basis – if we believe that, after having placed an order with our company, you may be interested in other related products that we sell.
- Consent basis – you have opted-in to receive our newsletter communications.
With your permission and/or were permitted by law, Turfworld may also use your personal information for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email or telephone with information, news, and offers on our products or services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. Turfworld will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the UK GDPR. You will always have the opportunity to Opt-out. Turfworld will always obtain your request to opt-in consent before sharing your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes and you will be able to Opted-out at any time.
If Turfworld needs to use your information for a purpose that is unrelated to, or incompatible with, the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, Turfworld’s Management team will inform you and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
How we store your information
Turfworld will not keep your personal information for any longer than is necessary considering the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal information will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- The details will be kept for a long as you wish your online account to remain open – Name of client, full business name and address and telephone/ mobile number.
- The payment information and details will be retained, in encrypted form, on the SagePay gateway only, for a period of 7 years.
- Our profile information including login details, purchase history, preferences, and interests – the details (not including preferences and interest) will be kept for a long as you wish your online account to remain open. For preferences and interests, this personal information will be retained for as long as you subscribed to our newsletter.
Turfworld will only store or transfer some of your personal information with the UK. This means that you are fully protected under the UK GDPR legislation.
Turfworld will not share your personal information with any third-party companies for any purposes, subject to the following exceptions:
Turfworld may share your details with other companies in our group for marketing of related products or services. This included subsidiaries our holding company and its subsidiaries.
Turfworld may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply certain products or services.
Main recipient – External delivery company/courier to deliver turf to your given address within the UK
If any of your personal information is shared with a third party, we will take steps to ensure that your personal information is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Turfworld’s obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the UK GDPR legislation.
If Turfworld Ltd decides to sell, transfer, or merge parts of the business or assets, your personal information may be transferred to a third party. Turfworld will notify you as the new business owner may continue to use your personal information in the same way(s) that we have used it.
In some circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal information, which may include yours, if Turfworld are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or instructions of a government authority.
However, Turfworld Ltd has a duty to remove your personal information for the following reason(s);
- You have requested Turfworld to delete your details
- You have not used our services for a period of time
- You have never used our services
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
To contact us about anything to do with your personal information including Subject Access Requests please contact:
Turfworld Ltd, Pendeford Hall Farm
Pendeford Hall Lane, Wolverhampton
Tel: 01902 784866
Contact: Robin Winwood
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects your personal information. Any changes will be immediately posted on our website – This Privacy Notice was last updated on 10th December 2021
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113