Bark mulch are a low maintenance and easy way to improve a garden or play area, whilst giving a stylish appearance with functional uses. With many benefits, our bark mulch and chippings are available in bulk bags.
Bark Mulch Bag Size & Delivery
Our bark mulch is available in bulk bags to provide you with plenty of coverage for your garden project.
If you live local and have the transportation, you can collect the mulck from our yard here in Wolverhampton.
If you live further out, we off a fast and reliable delivery service across the UK.
For more information, please visit our FAQ page.
Calculating How Much Mulch
You can use ou calculator that will work out exactly how many bags you will need to order for your project.
Bark Mulch Uses And Benefits
- Increase Nutrients: Nutrients from the mulch are passed into the ground when it eventually rots which helps to enhance soil.
- Weed Control: Bark and mulch can block weeds access to oxygen and light whuch suppresses their growth.
- Extend Plant Life: Bark and mulch act as an insulator to regulate the temperature of soil which helps plants to thrive in both warm and cold conditions.
- Enhance Appearance: The natural appearance and colour of mulch can create a visual impact in a garden to enhance it’s appearance.
- Reduce Water Use: Evaporation can be reduced by up to 75% when using bark and mulch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is better bark or mulch?
Bark can last longer,retain moisture, and block sunlight better than mulch, but it can float away during heavy rain and flooding.
What should I put down before mulching?
Before applying mulch, make sure to remove all of the weeds in the area.
Can you put bark straight into soil?
You an apply bark directly to soil that contains flower beds. A path or play area will require a weed-proof membrane before the bark is applied.
How thick should bark mulch be?
Around 2-3 inches of bark mulch is required on heavy soil, and 3 to 4 inches for trees and shrubs.
How long does it take for bark to decompose?
- Bark Mulch: 7-10 years
- Wood Chips: 5-7 years
Is bark mulch safe for dogs?
Most wood-based mulch will be safe for dogs.
What is ornamental bark?
ornamental bark chippings are similar to regular bark, but are more decorative and work well for applications such as borders.
10mm General Purpose Compost£40.00 (£48.00 Inc VAT)Add to basket
Topsoil 10mm (BS3882)£50.00 (£60.00 Inc VAT)Add to basket
Topsoil 20mm (BS3882)£37.50 (£45.00 Inc VAT)Add to basket
TW1 Turf£3.00 (£3.60 Inc VAT)Add to basket
Grass Seed 1kg Bag£10.00 (£12.00 Inc VAT)Add to basket
Grass Seed 20kg£128.00 (£153.60 Inc VAT)Add to basket