We supply high-quality aggregates and gravel at competitive prices for a wide range of requirements.
This page is your go-to resource for understanding the world of aggregates, their types, and their diverse applications in both landscaping and construction.
In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about aggregates. You’ll discover the various types of aggregates, their unique properties, and the crucial roles they play in creating stunning outdoor spaces and ensuring the strength of structures.
Join us as we explore the versatility of aggregates and learn how they can transform your projects, whether you’re a landscaping enthusiast looking to beautify your outdoor space or a construction professional seeking the ideal foundation materials.
Our inventory includes a comprehensive selection of general aggregates, designed for use in construction and building projects.
These versatile materials play a pivotal role in various applications, ensuring structural integrity and performance.
They are often mixed with other components to create robust foundations and durable structures.
Road Planings (Tarmac Scalpings) Bulk Bag£35.00 (£42.00 Inc VAT)Read more52 people currently viewing this product
0-4mm GREY GRANITE DUST BULK BAG£58.00 (£69.60 Inc VAT)Add to basket80 people currently viewing this product
MOT TYPE 1 IN BULK BAG£36.50 (£43.80 Inc VAT)Add to basket19 people currently viewing this product
RECYCLED 6F2 BULK BAG£20.00 (£24.00 Inc VAT)Add to basket14 people currently viewing this product
RECYCLED 6F5 AGGEGATE BULK BAG£20.00 (£24.00 Inc VAT)Read more37 people currently viewing this product
For those with a penchant for landscaping and gardening, we offer a captivating array of decorative aggregates.
These aggregates are meticulously chosen to add a touch of elegance to your outdoor spaces.
Whether you’re envisioning a picturesque garden path or a charming patio, our decorative aggregates and garden stones are your ticket to turning your dream landscape into reality.
20MM GOLDEN GRAVEL BULK BAG£75.00 (£90.00 Inc VAT)Add to basket28 people currently viewing this product
Solent Gold Gravel 20mm Maxi Bag£5.30 (£6.36 Inc VAT)Add to basket56 people currently viewing this product
20 MM COTSWOLD GRAVEL IN BULK BAG£60.00 (£72.00 Inc VAT)Add to basket8 people currently viewing this product
20 MM COTSWOLD GRAVEL IN HANDY BAGS£4.50 (£5.40 Inc VAT)Add to basket4 people currently viewing this product
40MM GREY SLATE CHIPPINGS IN BULK BAG£65.00 (£78.00 Inc VAT)Add to basket21 people currently viewing this product
BLUE SLATE 40MM BULK BAG£80.00 (£96.00 Inc VAT)Add to basket87 people currently viewing this product
PLUM SLATE 40MM BULK BAG£80.00 (£96.00 Inc VAT)Add to basket39 people currently viewing this product
40 MM PLUM SLATE IN HANDY BAG£4.50 (£5.40 Inc VAT)Add to basket37 people currently viewing this product
Staffordshire Pink Gravel 20mm Bulk Bag£45.00 (£54.00 Inc VAT)Add to basket35 people currently viewing this product
10 MM GRAVEL IN HANDY BAG£2.60 (£3.12 Inc VAT)Add to basket56 people currently viewing this product
20 MM GRAVEL IN BULK BAG£39.50 (£47.40 Inc VAT)Add to basket70 people currently viewing this product
Gravel Mixed 14-6mm Bulk Bag£39.50 (£47.40 Inc VAT)Add to basket9 people currently viewing this product
10 MM GRAVEL IN BULK BAG£39.00 (£46.80 Inc VAT)Add to basket42 people currently viewing this product
20 MM GRAVEL IN HANDY BAG£2.60 (£3.12 Inc VAT)Add to basket80 people currently viewing this product
What Are Decorative Stones Used For?
Decorative stones are versatile and serve various purposes in landscaping and outdoor projects. Here are some common uses:
- Pathways: Create visually appealing and functional pathways in gardens or yards.
- Garden Borders: Define and separate different garden areas for a neat and organized look.
- Ground Cover: Use decorative stones as ground cover to minimize weed growth and retain soil moisture.
- Water Features: Enhance the aesthetics of ponds, fountains, and water gardens using water features.
- Mulching: Improve soil moisture retention and weed prevention in flower beds.
- Rock Gardens: Build captivating rock gardens with decorative stones and a variety of plants.
- Decorative Elements: Accentuate outdoor spaces with artistic designs and patterns.
- Drainage Solutions: Assist in water drainage, preventing soil erosion and waterlogging.
- Terrariums: Create miniature landscapes using decorative stones for indoor gardens.
Decorative stones offer endless opportunities to beautify and enhance your outdoor and indoor spaces.
Aggregates Bag Size & Quantity
Our aggregates are available in two different options:
Our handy bags are smaller and more convenient that are ideal for smaller garden or building projects.
Our bulk bags are the perfect solution for larger projects, large trade or large self-build projects.
These are larger bags that are generally around 850kg in weight.
For more information, please visit our FAQ page.
Available For Collection Or Delivery
All of our products including both our general and decorative aggregates are on display in our yard here in Wolverhampton.
If you live local, then feel free to drop by where you can collect and pay for your aggregates at our farm reception.
If you require larger quantities of aggregates or just simply live too far to travel, we offer a fast and reliable delivery service.
We deliver all across the West Midlands as well as manu other locations in the United Kingdom.
The delivery cost is calculated based upon your postcode/location.
Understanding the cost of aggregates is vital when planning your projects.
The price of aggregates can vary depending on factors such as the type of aggregate, quantity, and your location.
To help you make informed decisions, we offer transparent pricing information and guidance on getting the most value from your investment in aggregates.
Whether you’re a homeowner, contractor, or landscaper, knowing the cost of aggregates is crucial for budgeting and project planning.
Explore our competitive prices and find the right aggregates for your needs.
How Much Aggregates Do I Need?
Determining the right amount of aggregate for your project is crucial to avoid over-ordering or falling short. Here’s how to calculate the quantity of aggregates you’ll need.
To determine the quantity of gravel required, it’s essential to have precise measurements of the area to be covered. Measure the length, width, and depth, and input these measurements into the calculator.
The only extra expense, apart from the product cost, is the delivery fee. The delivery fee can fluctuate based on your location within the UK.
To calculate the delivery cost, simply add the desired products to your shopping basket and enter your postal code. This will provide you with the accurate delivery cost based on your specific location.
Aggregates Maintenance and Care
Regular cleaning is the first step in aggregate maintenance. It prevents the buildup of debris and organic matter, preserving the appearance and functionality of your aggregates.
Step 1: Sweeping: Begin by sweeping the surface to remove loose dirt, leaves, and other debris. A stiff-bristle broom or a leaf blower can make this task more efficient.
Step 2: Rinsing: For more stubborn dirt or stains, consider using a garden hose to rinse the aggregates. A pressure washer can be even more effective, but be cautious not to use too much pressure, which could displace the aggregates.
Weeds can be a persistent issue in outdoor spaces with aggregates. Proper weed control ensures that unwanted plants don’t take root.
Step 1: Weed Barriers: Installing weed barriers beneath the aggregates can be an effective preventive measure. These barriers inhibit weed growth while allowing water to permeate.
Step 2: Weed Killer: If weeds do appear, use a suitable weed killer. Apply it carefully to avoid affecting nearby plants, and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Over time, aggregates may settle or wash away, which can result in an uneven surface and poor drainage. Regular regrading helps maintain the integrity of your aggregate layers.
Step 1: Assess the Surface: Inspect the area for any low spots, erosion, or unevenness. Mark these areas for attention.
Step 2: Adding Aggregates: For low spots, add fresh aggregates of the same type to build up the surface. Spread them evenly.
Step 3: Compaction: Use a compactor or a hand tamper to compact the added aggregates. This helps prevent future settling.
Creative DIY Projects with Aggregates
Unlock your creativity and embark on these inspiring DIY projects that make the most of aggregates:
- Mosaic Stepping Stones: Craft personalized stepping stones using colorful pebbles and aggregates set in concrete. These unique stepping stones add a touch of art to your garden path.
- Aggregate Fire Pit: Create a cozy outdoor gathering spot with an aggregate fire pit. The surrounding gravel or crushed stone not only enhances the aesthetic but also serves a functional purpose by aiding drainage.
- Zen Garden: Design a tranquil Zen garden by arranging fine sand, pebbles, and larger stones in harmonious patterns. It’s an ideal space for relaxation and meditation.
- Concrete Planters: Shape one-of-a-kind concrete planters with different aggregate finishes. These not only add character to your garden but also provide the perfect home for your favorite plants.
- Aggregate Artwork: Let your artistic side shine by arranging stones, pebbles, or crushed glass into stunning patterns or images on a wall or walkway. The possibilities for creative expression are endless.
6. Aggregates and Garden Edging: Use aggregates to create beautiful garden edging. Their natural textures and colors add a charming border to your flowerbeds and pathways.
7. Aggregate Countertops: Give your indoor or outdoor kitchen a modern touch with aggregate countertops. These durable surfaces are not only functional but also lend a unique aesthetic to your space.
8. Decorative Aggregate Pots: Transform plain garden pots into eye-catching pieces by applying decorative aggregates to their surfaces. It’s a simple yet effective way to elevate your garden decor.
9. Terrazzo-Style Floors: Revamp your indoor flooring with a terrazzo-style finish. Mix aggregates with concrete to create a polished, stylish look in your home.
10. Aggregate Pathway Lights: Add a touch of enchantment to your garden with pathway lights embedded in decorative aggregates. It creates a magical ambiance during the evenings.
Aggregates Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose the right type of aggregates for my project?
Selecting the right aggregates depends on the specific needs of your project. Consider factors like the project type (landscaping or construction), the load-bearing requirements, the desired aesthetic, and the local availability of aggregates. Consulting with a professional or supplier can help you make an informed choice.
Can aggregates be used for both landscaping and construction?
Yes, aggregates are versatile and can be used in both landscaping and construction. Their properties make them suitable for creating beautiful outdoor spaces as well as providing structural support in construction projects.
What are some sustainable options for aggregates?
Sustainable options include using recycled aggregates made from reclaimed concrete or asphalt. These materials reduce the demand for new resources and contribute to environmentally friendly practices.
Do aggregates require regular maintenance?
Yes, aggregates do require regular maintenance. Cleaning, weeding, regrading, and occasional sealing may be necessary to keep them looking good and functioning as intended. The extent of maintenance depends on the specific application and environmental conditions.
Guides & Helpful Information
Building Sand Bulk Bag£33.30 (£39.96 Inc VAT)Add to basket5 people currently viewing this product
BUILDING SAND BAGS£2.60 (£3.12 Inc VAT)Add to basket81 people currently viewing this product
KILN DRIED SAND IN HANDY BAG (20kg)£4.50 (£5.40 Inc VAT)Add to basket99 people currently viewing this product
SAND AND GRAVEL MIX 20MM (BALLAST) IN HANDY BAG£2.50 (£3.00 Inc VAT)Add to basket32 people currently viewing this product
SAND AND GRAVEL MIX 20MM (BALLAST) IN BULK BAG£39.00 (£46.80 Inc VAT)Add to basket63 people currently viewing this product
SHARP SAND BULK BAGS£35.00 (£42.00 Inc VAT)Add to basket77 people currently viewing this product
SHARP SAND IN HANDY BAGS£2.60 (£3.12 Inc VAT)Add to basket76 people currently viewing this product