10mm Screened and 20mm Screened Top Soil.
Top Soil Bulk Bag Size
Our top soil is available in the ever-convenient bulk bag size.
✔ Size: Bulk bag
✔ Weight: Approximate 850kg (Weight may slightly vary)
Each of our bulk bags carries approximately 850kg of top soil.
How Much Top Soil Do I Need?
Measure the length and width of the area you’re looking to cover with soil.
Decide the desired depth of the soil layer you wish to apply. If you’re working on a specific project, like a raised bed or a turfing venture, adjust the depth accordingly.
Simply put the measurements into our calculator, which will tell you how many bags of top soil you will need for your project.
cTop Soil Deliveries Near Me
Effortless Deliveries to Your Doorstep:
We understand that convenience is key. With the substantial size of our top soil bags, we proudly offer a reliable and hassle-free delivery service.
Serving the Green Thumbs Nationwide:
While our roots are in the West Midlands, our top soil journeys far and wide.
We’re delighted to bring our top-quality soil to many locations across the nation.
Whether you’re in the heart of the Midlands or beyond, your garden deserves the touch of nature’s finest.
Our Yard is based in Wolverhampton and open to trade and public.
Top Soil Information And Benefits
Benefits Of Top Soil
- Enhanced Quality: Elevates beyond standard garden soil, offering superior quality.
- Promotes Growth: Boosts plant growth, leading to vibrant and healthy foliage.
- Drought Resistance: Locks in moisture, enhancing plants’ resilience to drought conditions.
- Nutrient-Rich: Supplies essential nutrients, acting as a natural source of plant sustenance.
- Versatile Usage: Adapts to various needs like plant beds, lawn repair, and more.
- Restorative Power: Helps repair damaged lawns and fill in holes with ease.
- Erosion Control: Aids in restoring eroded spots, rejuvenating the landscape.
What Is Top Soil Used For?
- Plant Beds: Creates nourishing beds for plants, promoting healthy growth.
- Lawn Repair: Restores and rejuvenates damaged or patchy lawns.
- Improved Drainage: Enhances soil drainage in areas prone to water accumulation.
- Hole Filling: Fills in gaps, holes, or uneven spots in the landscape.
- Erosion Control: Helps repair and stabilize eroded areas.
- Raised Beds: Creates optimal conditions for planting in raised beds.
- Vegetable Patches: Supports the growth of vegetables and herbs.
- Flower Gardens: Provides a fertile medium for vibrant flower displays.
- Turfing: Prepares the ground for laying new turf or grass seed.
- Landscaping Projects: Serves as a foundational layer for various landscaping endeavors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I put top soil over grass?
Yes you can add soil on top of grass to prepare for seed or sod.
Can you plant in topsoil?
Using top soil instead of standard soil can drastically help with plant growth.
What is better topsoil or compost?
Topsoil is great at locking in more moisture and retaining it’s structure, but compost contains more nutrients. The perfects solution is to use a mix of both to take advantage of all of the benefits.
How can I improve the quality of my existing garden soil?
To enhance soil quality, consider incorporating compost or soil conditioner. These amendments enrich the soil with nutrients, improve drainage, and boost overall plant health.
Can I use top soil for raised beds?
Absolutely! Top soil is a versatile choice for raised beds, offering a fertile foundation for plant growth. Consider blending it with compost to further enrich the soil.
How can I determine the right amount of top soil I need for my project?
Measure the length and width of the area you intend to cover, then calculate the depth you desire. Multiply these dimensions to determine the cubic feet or cubic meters of top soil you’ll need.
Is top soil suitable for turfing and lawn establishment?
Top soil is often used as a base for laying turf or seeding a new lawn. It provides a nourishing bed for roots and aids in healthy establishment.
Can I mix top soil with my existing garden soil?
Mixing top soil with your garden soil can be beneficial, especially if your existing soil lacks nutrients or drainage. Blending the two can create a balanced and fertile medium for plant growth.
Is top soil safe for vegetable gardens?
Yes, top soil is generally safe for vegetable gardens. However, it’s advisable to ensure that the top soil you choose is free from contaminants and is appropriate for edible plant cultivation.